of the SDQuota package.
This file contents the installation instruction of the SDQuota 0.12x by Stas Degteff (based on SDQuota 0.12 by Richard Greaney).
1. Create a directory for the scripts (for example: /usr/local/sdquota)
2. Unpack a tarball into this directory.
3. Run the `make` program to create the data directories (the make utility usually exist in any unix-like OS).
4. Make call of the rtparse.pl script at system start using command like:
(/usr/bin/tail -n0 -F /path/to/squid_access_log | /path/to/rtparse.pl &)
Run this command manually to begin quota calculating.
5. Set the quotas for users: call a sdsetquota.pl for each user like:
sdsetquota.pl user quota
6. Set the sdquota_auth.pl script as an authentication module into the Squid config file, see example:
auth_param basic program /usr/local/squidquota/sdquota_auth.pl /usr/local/etc/squid/passwd
7. You may also:
7.1. Generate a daily report about used quotas and send it via email using cron, see example of the crontab line:
59 23 * * * root /usr/local/squidquota/sqinfo.pl | mail -s "Squid Traffic Report" root
7.2. Clear the quotas and store traffic values into log using the `/usr/local/etc/squidquota/procjnl.sh` command, see example of the crontab line:
1 0 1 * * * root /usr/local/squidquota/procjnl.sh
Stas Degteff – g (at) grumbler (dot) org